[CentOS] Screensaver (or screen blanking) at login screen - CentOS 5.2 or 5.3

David Fix

davidf at mrxfx.com
Wed Jul 15 19:04:21 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

I've done a ton of googling, searching and asking in the forums, etc, and I haven't found a way to do this... :)

I'm trying to find a way of having some type of screen saver at the login screen so that if I leave a machine not logged into, it won't burn-in the screen.

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this? In specific, I'd love to have it simply blank the screen and leave the screen on, just black after maybe 5 minutes of inactivity at the login screen. :)

Thanks in advance, it's really appreciated! :)

Dave