[CentOS] Screensaver (or screen blanking) at login screen - CentOS 5.2 or 5.3

Brian Mathis brian.mathis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 23:14:40 UTC 2009

Have you tried leaving the screen alone for about 10 minutes?  Screen
blanking is the default linux kernel behavior since almost the
beginning.  I think the time is 10 minutes of inactivity.

If you're not seeing the screen go blank, you may have a jittery mouse
that is preventing it from activating.