[CentOS] Gallery2 under CentOS-5.3

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Jul 17 11:13:58 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I asked about 18 months ago if gallery2 was available
> in any of the CentOS repositories,
> and it seemed that at that time it was not.
> However, there was some talk of putting it in epel or epel-testing.
> But I looked just now, and did not find it there.
>
> I actually installed gallery2 on my server
> by following the instructions at
> <http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:Preinstaller>.
> But I've had a slight http problem on the server
> which might be related to gallery2
> (wireshark seemed to show some odd calls on gallery2);
> so I was wondering if there was yet an official CentOS implementation?

I no longer am using gallery 2 but awhile back I did it using the noarch
RPMs from Fedora 9.

However, I was running php 5.2.6 and not the 5.1.x that CentOS ships
with. I do not believe that makes a difference.

If I recall - I also had to install php-Smarty from Fedora 9 (also a
noarch rpm).

F9 I think is EOL - so try the F10 noarch RPMs. Look in F10 updates first.