[CentOS] Network guru please help: baffled by missing file

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jul 17 15:11:21 UTC 2009

Per Qvindesland wrote:

> Are you behind a proxy?

I don't think so.
My server is connected to an ADSL modem which links it to my ISP.
I don't know if the modem (Cayman 3341) could be acting as a proxy server?

I'm running shorewall on the server,
but I get the same response when I turn it off.

As I said, it seems to me that mirrors.fedoraproject.org
for some reason does not like my system.
I can connect to this site, and download files from it,
eg index.html, static/css/fedora.css, etc.
It is just the files mirrorlist and metalink
which I cannot see.

I never get this problem in any other context, as far as I know.

mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-5&arch=$basearchkk

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net