[CentOS] Anaconda crashing on new machine

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Jul 20 03:08:40 UTC 2009

fred smith wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm building up a new computer and this evening have had several events
> during installation in which Anaconda has crashed. It's not clear that
> there is a lot of commonality between the different crashes.

Crash how? does it freeze? When I've seen anaconda crash it
usually produces a stack dump which can point to where it crashed
exactly.

I have had anaconda crash a lot while using LVM over the years during
installation, do you happen to be trying to setup LVM during
installation? If so try not using LVM and see if that helps at all.

nate