[CentOS] NUT problem

Anne Wilson

cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:50:26 UTC 2009

A little while ago I changed my UPS to  Leibert and installed NUT.  Everything
worked as expected.  Today I tried to use the MultiLink Viewer icon from the
desktop, but it simply accepted the root password without apparently doing
anything.  I can run the viewer directly (as root) from a file manager.

The icon is owned by me, but the application is set to run as root.

I suspect that the problem is with 'kdesu'.  The command

'kdesu /opt/MultiLink/bin/Viewer'

which is what the icon runs, brings

'kdesu /opt/MultiLink/bin/Viewer'
bash: kdesu /opt/MultiLink/bin/Viewer: No such file or directory

From a root terminal, however,

/opt/MultiLink/bin/Viewer
/opt/MultiLink/jre/bin/java -cp .:/opt/MultiLink/lib/em.jar -
Djava.compiler=NONE
com.liebert.dpg.app.LxExecutor mainViewer /opt/MultiLink cfg/executor.cfg

What changes do I need to make to be able to use the desktop icon again?

Anne