[CentOS] Glibcxx_3.4.9 not found

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:24:46 UTC 2009

2009/7/20 Chris Heaton <chris at heatonweb.me.uk>:
> Hi,
> I am running CentOS 5.3. 64 bit version. I have tried updating the OS but
> every time I run an application I need it reports that Glibcxx_3.4.9 is
> missing.  I tried to do a search for this but cannot find it for my system.

Without knowing more about what you're doing it's a bit difficult to help.

> When CentOS upgraded to 5.3 I had hoped that the new Glibcxx would have been
> included but it is not.

You are unlikely to see major glibc version changes within minor
updates such as 5.2-> 5.3

> Is there an easy way to update the OS to include this?

no.

> You can probably tell from the question that I am a Linux Newbie so please
> try to keep the answers simple.

Glibc is kind of an important package and basically everything in the
distro depends on it. You're really not going to see much in the way
of major version changes there. If you can tell us about what you're
trying to do, we can probably point you in a better direction for
getting it done.

George Orwell