[CentOS] kickstart install using url location

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 00:27:05 UTC 2009

Carlos Santana wrote:
> Well, I wish I could use DVD but my VMware server does not support it.
> It has an option only for CD ROM. :(

VMware server (even 1.x versions) will let you connect a dvd ISO image
file to the guest, although it may call it a virtual CD drive.  If you
are starting with a new virtual machine it will boot from it
automatically, but once you have a bootable hard drive set up you'll
have to pop into the virtual bios and adjust the boot priority so the
iso comes first - and then undo it or detach the iso when you want the
hd boot again).

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com