[CentOS] Cleaning up some problems

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Mon Jul 27 01:16:53 UTC 2009

Over the past year or so, I've collected several errors that some I have
found the solution for, others, like the one below are quite
befuddling.  I get this one every week when /etc/cron.weekly runs.  What
the heck is the "S" or what it is looking for?  Also, I've checked with
cpan, and according to cpan, it says it doesn't know what NET::DNS is,
yet if I do an i NET::DNS, it returns 150-some odd net::dns entries.
I'm not totally familiar with cpan, and just started using it a short
time ago.  Still the man3/s is really screwey for some reason.  There's
not a package called "s" n the repositories is there?

This is an x86_64 box updated as of yesterday after removing the httpd.1
stuff someone told me was the fix.

Thanks again all..

Sam