[CentOS] potsfix keeping mail in queue on delivery error

Robert Grasso

robert.grasso at cedrat.com
Mon Jul 27 12:37:44 UTC 2009

Hello,

Our mail server is running CentOS 5.3. I configured postfix with maildrop as the MDA. I had to deal with a strange issue : a user
sent an email to an alias, which resolves into several internal addresses. One of these addresses had its mbox filled up (reached
the mailbox_size_limit); so maildrop reported a 0x19 error code to postfix, who kept the mail in its queue, and repeatedly resent
the email : thus every member of the alias list received many copies of this email, except of course the one with the filled mbox.

Is there a way to configure postfix so that it does not resend the email to the recipients who do not report any error ?

Regards

---
Robert GRASSO – System engineer

CEDRAT S.A.
15 Chemin de Malacher - Inovallée - 38246 MEYLAN cedex - FRANCE
Phone: +33 (0)4 76 90 50 45 - Fax: +33 (0)4 56 38 08 30
mailto:robert.grasso at cedrat.com - http://www.cedrat.com