[CentOS] What's the configure specs for the generic Apache install of CentOS x86_64 5.3?

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:26:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Al Sparks<data345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install apache 2.2.x from a tarball.
>
> And it works.  But I'm also trying to install modsecure, and I can't get that to work.
>
> It might help to know what CentOS uses to install Apache when doing the ./configure.

There are a couple approaches that may work:

1)
Browse to http://your.server.name/server-info

If you haven't disabled it, it will show the server configuration.

2) Grab the sources and check it directly:

yumdownloader --source httpd
rpm -ivh http-xxxx.src.rpm

cd /YOURRPMBUILDDIR/SPECS

look at the httpd.spec file in the configure section