[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

R P Herrold

herrold at centos.org
Thu Jul 30 05:34:29 UTC 2009

I seem to be having network and email issues tonight;  please
excuse any duplication

-- Russ herrold

HTML dump on Thu Jul 30 00:30:33 EDT 2009
      http://www.centos.org/

    Open Letter to Lance Davis

    July 30, 2009 04:39 UTC

    This is an Open Letter to Lance Davis from fellow CentOS Developers It is
    regrettable that we are forced to send this letter but we are left with
    no other options. For some time now we have been attempting to resolve
    these problems:

    You seem to have crawled into a hole ... and this is not acceptable.

    You have long promised a statement of CentOS project funds; to this date
    this has not appeared.

    You hold sole control of the centos.org domain with no deputy; this is
    not proper.

    You have, it seems, sole 'Founders' rights in the IRC channels with no
    deputy ; this is not proper.

    When I (Russ) try to call the phone numbers for UK Linux, and for you
    individually, I get a telco intercept 'Lines are temporarily busy' for
    the last two weeks. Finally yesterday, a voicemail in your voice picked
    up, and I left a message urgently requesting a reply. Karanbir also
    reports calling and leaving messages without your reply.

    Please do not kill CentOS through your fear of shared management of the
    project.

    Clearly the project dies if all the developers walk away.

    Please contact me, or any other signer of this letter at once, to arrange
    for the required information to keep the project alive at the
    'centos.org' domain.

    Sincerely,
    Russ Herrold
    Ralph Angenendt
    Karanbir Singh
    Jim Perrin
    Donavan Nelson
    Tim Verhoeven
    Tru Huynh
    Johnny Hughes

This document clearsigned with the key indicated and of record at the
customary keyservers

See:
http://orcorc.blogspot.com/2008/08/gnupg-few-minutes-on-using-detached-and.html

user: "R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID 9B649644, created 2003-02-09