[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Thu Jul 30 21:46:01 UTC 2009

Am 30.07.2009 um 23:32 schrieb Neil Aggarwal:

>> http://dag.wieers.com/blog/the-burden-of-keeping-things-private
>
> That posting states:
>  I heard some vague numbers, likely in the 4 digits EUR range
>  per month but real figures are only known by one person.
>
>  For at least three years people were donating money and sponsors
>  were paying for website ads while the money was not flowing into
>  the project, where it went to I can only guess.
>
> If this is true, it means the people donating to this project
> have been ripped off.
>
> Can someone confirm this?

What - the statement on Dag's website or your assumption?
;-)

Rip-off is a harsh word.
Ok, so I donated nothing so far, but still, this is a bit unfair to
the rest of the team who are (now) scrambling to get their act together.

A case could be made wether it was negligent to leave that matter
hanging for so long - but I'm glad that the rest of the CentOS team is
- at least publicly - not fuming with hate and anger but rather
looking forward.

"Don't cry over spit milk"
;-)

Rainer