[CentOS] Concerned 3 im clients were installed as dependencies.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jul 30 23:09:50 UTC 2009

On 07/30/2009 11:27 PM, Christoph Maser wrote:
>> Did anybody else notice the install of im clients on practically
>> headless non-gui systems?
>> Any explanation?
>
> We observed something similar. On some systems automatic update
> installed kernel-xen-devel on some of our systems. Seems like the yum
> repository metadata was broken at some point in time.

that comes from a problem in the metadata-parser and the yum sqlite
interface, only partially resolved in the fastrack update. The problem
persists still. 5.4 should bring a more robust fix, for now make sure
the metadata is rebuild on each automated run with a yum clean metadata;
as the first step.