[CentOS] release/update question

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Wed Jun 3 09:17:35 UTC 2009

jim at rossberry.com wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>
> > Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:
> >> AFAIK, this never happened. Is the 5.x.z tree concept dead-before-birth?!
> >
> > For CentOS: Yes.
> >
> > For Upstream: Ask Red Hat.
>
> I have asked RHT repeatedly to walk me through the life of a package
> version.  Nothing.

AFAIK the "z stream" does not come with your normal RHN subscription.
But I don't use RHEL, so I have no idea what it takes to get the .z
stuff.

One of the reasons CentOS chose not to do it (other reasons are: No
SRPMS on public mirrors, too much mirror space would be neede).

On the other hand I am not really sure I understand your sentence.

Ralph