[CentOS] NOOBE help

Wed Jun 3 22:47:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
> I know, I should not have to ask this question, but it appears that ALL
> my previous yum.repos.d entries have been trashed, with the only ones
> left is base, CentOS Media then the mirrors.rpmforge.reo,
> rhel-mondo.repo, rpmforge.repo, and webmin.repo.
>
> I've been bitten by the mixing of repositories before and want to avoid
> that scenario.  Something is amok in the existing, and it throws all
> kinds of errors about something not found or such, so I'm asking some
> kind soul of they would share their working repo file structure for me?
> I *think* I have protect base, and priorities installed already, but
> will double check.  This is yet another new clean

You can raise your head. I will address one possible issue, but I
doubt that it has anything to do with your problem. You should not
have both protect base and priorities installed.  Use priorities. It
is the newer and more powerful package.  Someone else will hopefully
jump in to give you their working repo file. Be sure to set different
priorities as suggested in the CentOS Wiki.  For example, I gave
RPMforge a much higher priority than EPEL.  73,