[CentOS] CentOS Pulse - The Bi-weekly CentOS Newsletter #0901

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:07:15 UTC 2009

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Dag Wieers<dag at centos.org>  wrote:
>>
>>> I am pleased to announce the first edition of the bi-weekly CentOS
>>> newsletter which we dubbed "CentOS Pulse".
>> <snip>
>> Dag: I read the first issue. Great idea! Please post here, each time
>> you post a new edition. Lanny
>
> Lanny,
>
> The idea was not necessarily mine though. It has been requested a few
> times and just needed to be done. Although I hope that after some time
> we have a group of people contributing and my role will become small or
> taken by others.
>
> For the announcements, I don't know if this is the right location to send
> them to. We have set up a centos-newsletter mailing list for this purpose
> so people can opt in on these announcements, regardless if they follow
> this mailing list or not.

Great content !

I see a link has been added on the wiki page to the Newsletter, but not
on the first page, might be useful for novice users to read the Pulse.

One extra suggestion, to make a paper/pdf version (eg magazine/booklet
style) once a year, with an overview of what CentOS has accomplished
that year and wants to accomplish in the following year(s)

--
Toshaan <toshlinux at gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be