[CentOS] get hardware info through lspci

Michael Casey

michaelcasey73 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:15:23 UTC 2009

I've recently read:

Linux Find Out If PCI Hardware Supported or Not In The Current Running
Kernel<http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-find-supported-pci-hardware-drivers.html>

So, if I:

grep 27d8 /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/modules.pcimap

and see this:

snd-hda-intel        0x00008086 0x000027d8 0xffffffff 0xffffffff 0x00000000
0x00000000 0x0

then it's sure that my PCI Hardware is supported? I Don't need anything to
do?
Is there a way for lsusb too?
How could I know that my hardware (connected to my pc or not) is supported?
- sorry for asking this: but is there a "devmgmt.msc" (windows..) "like"
software, solution under Linux, where can I see that is my pc's hardwares
recognized correctly?

Thank you