[CentOS] CPU usage over estimated?

Theo Band theo.band at greenpeak.com
Thu Jun 4 15:25:44 UTC 2009

Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Theo Band <theo.band at greenpeak.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a quad core CPU running Centos5.
>>
>> When I use top, I see that running processes use 245% instead of 100%.
>> If I use gkrellm, I just see one core being used 100%.
>>
> Theo, by any chance are you using cumulative mode on top?

Not that I was aware of. I did toggle Iris mode (what's that?) and then
the cpu % goes down to about 62.2% (instead of 100% as the top line
tells me). With cumulative mode on or off there is no difference in reading.

Theo

--
GreenPeak Technologies
Phone :  +31 30 711 5622                             Catharijnesingel 30

CONFIDENTIALITY: this message, including possible attachment(s),
constitutes confidential GreenPeak information, intended for the use of
above named addressee(s) only; any other use or disclosure to anyone
other than addressee(s), is prohibited. Chamber of Commerce
NL-3210.56.42.