[CentOS] DRBD+GFS - Logical Volume problem

Giuseppe Fuggiano

giuseppe.fuggiano at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 09:13:22 UTC 2009

Hi list.

I am dealing with DRBD (+GFS as its DLM).  GFS configuration needs a
CLVMD configuration.  So, after syncronized my (two) /dev/drbd0 block
devices, I start the clvmd service and try to create a clustered
logical volume.  I get this:

On "alice":

[root at alice ~]# pvcreate /dev/drbd0
  Physical volume "/dev/drbd0" successfully created
[root at alice ~]# vgcreate testvol /dev/drbd0
  Clustered volume group "testvol" successfully created
[root at alice ~]# vgdisplay
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               VolGroup00
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        1
  Metadata Sequence No  3
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                2
  Open LV               2
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                1
  Act PV                1
  VG Size               15.88 GB
  PE Size               32.00 MB
  Total PE              508
  Alloc PE / Size       508 / 15.88 GB
  Free  PE / Size       0 / 0
  VG UUID               xFelou-Bh1z-PjqE-A01S-rRDc-lOhF-PDLb30

  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               testvol
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        1
  Metadata Sequence No  1
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  Clustered             yes
  Shared                no
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                0
  Open LV               0
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                1
  Act PV                1
  VG Size               2.00 GB
  PE Size               4.00 MB
  Total PE              511
  Alloc PE / Size       0 / 0
  Free  PE / Size       511 / 2.00 GB
  VG UUID               9qp4Sj-Jvly-axCI-E7sw-YRt1-sIrj-lJRO0F

[root at alice ~]# lvcreate -l100% testvol
  Invalid argument 100%
  Error during parsing of command line.
[root at alice ~]# lvcreate -l100%VG testvol
  Error locking on node bob: Volume group for uuid not found:
9qp4SjJvlyaxCIE7swYRt1sIrjlJRO0FFEAxUWvjKtoHIPiNhl1HtaexS6RLDOBq
  Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.

On "bob":

[root at bob ~]# vgscan
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2

What's going on?  Should I have a "testvol" also on bob?  Why can't I
create a logical volume?

Thanks for anyone will reply.

--
Giuseppe