[CentOS] hosting provider with CentOS shell?

Michael Simpson mikie.simpson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:29:45 UTC 2009

On 05/06/2009, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> Matt Harrington wrote:
> > I need a hosting provider just like Dreamhost.net's shared hosting
> > service, but with a CentOS shell instead of Debian.  Any pointers?
>
> Linode offers you a xen virtual host - you can pick any distro you want,
> including CentOS, and you get root. About $20 a month.

in the UK xtraordinary hosting also does virtual private servers that
are quite reasonable

http://www.xtrahost.co.uk/

Also they are now getting used to providing CentOS hosts where you
have control of your own kernel rather than having to use their own
version.

It only took a little bit of "you say it is CentOS but it isn't" chat
:-)

mike