[CentOS] OT: looking for a rsync equivalent for Windows platforms

Rudi Ahlers

rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 08:39:06 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good & free rsync type program for Windows
platforms? Like most of us, I need to work on both Windows & Linux
environments, and would like to sync some data (music, videos, photos,
documents, thunderbird profiles, FF bookmarks, etc) between a USB HDD,
my Linux (CentOS + KDE) PC, and Windows Laptop at the office.

I found a program called Toucan (which also has a portable version)
but it doesn't seem to work as well as rsync. When I tell it to "sync
(copy)" or "sync (mirror)" file between the USB HDD, or even my Linux
PC via the LAN, it copies every single file, every time. So it's not
very efficient. Their forums doesn't have much help on this matter,
and I just know from experience that help here is much better ;)

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers