[CentOS] Intel Graphics support in future releases

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:04:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 2:06 PM, RedShift<redshift at pandora.be> wrote:

>> I had the same question in the back of my mind. There are some great evolutions going on right now, but they take a lot of time to mature. I've also been wondering about desktop environments, since fedora 10/11 use KDE 4, which, even 4.2, I find very low in quality compared to 3.5, how will Red Hat provide a decent desktop? (Don't remind me of Gnome, I've used it for years and I still don't like it).<<

I've made my peace with Gnome, but I modify it to make a bit more
KDE-like. One panel on the bottom, single click on icons, always open
with a browser window and modify that window to get rid of the main
and side menus, etc. I started with KDE but like Gnome now because it
seems lighter and bit more responsive on my computers.

I still have openSUSE 11 on (what is now) the backup computer. The
default was KDE 4, but I reinstalled with KDE 3.5. KDE 4 was just too
slow. But that was the first release and I think it's getting better
now.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3