[CentOS] Basic setup for vsftpd ?

Niki Kovacs

contact at kikinovak.net
Sun Jun 7 13:21:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm currently fiddling with G4U (Ghost for Unix), and I need to setup a
local FTP server in order to get it to work.

# yum groupinstall "FTP Server" --> installed vsftpd

Here's what I'd like to do :

* no anonymous access
* only one user (user 'install' / pass 'install')

The machine I'm installing it on has a static IP ok
(192.168.1.252/255.255.255.0).

I tried to fiddle with the various configuration options in vsftpd.conf,
but to no avail. Googled quite some, but the information I found doesn't
seem reliable, more like contradictory.

One detail: this isn't a publicly accessible machine, e. g. it's not out
there on the wild internet, only on the LAN, so there's no special
security considerations.

Any suggestions ?

Niki Kovacs