[CentOS] Disabling IPv6 in CentOS 4.7

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:08:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 21:50, Stephen Harris<lists at spuddy.org> wrote:
> But on reboot I still see ipv6 entries against the eth devices, ipv6 module
> is still loaded, and sit0 tunnel is present.
> What needs to be done to disable ipv6?

I had this exact same issue on one of my machines, and I found out
that the "openib" (InfiniBand) package was installed and enabled,
although not needed. The InfiniBand modules were loading the ipv6
module as a dependency, that way it was being indirectly activated.
After uninstalling the RPM and rebooting the machine, it no longer has
IPv6 active.

If that is not the specific case with you, see in the output of
"lsmod" if ipv6 is being used by another module, if that is the case,
you can try to see who is pulling that module and try to desactivate
that one.

HTH,
Filipe