[CentOS] Cannot get LD_LIBRARY_PATH to work under NX (freenx)

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:02:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 16:42, Gary Greene<ggreene at minervanetworks.com> wrote:
> I'm surprised that since it installs in a non-standard location that it doesn't create a /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ conf file. In that case it's a simple drop-in file that only requires ldconfig to be run after the package installation....

I believe some of the libraries clash with ones provided by the O.S.,
and should be used by NX binaries only, so adding to ldconfig is not
the proper solution there...

>From what I see, the NX binaries are actually linked to the NX
libraries using the full path, or using RPATH when not specifying the
whole path, so I'm not sure why they use LD_LIBRARY_PATH... However,
using "strings" and "grep" I can see that they do use it and
apparently reset it. They might be resetting it as a measure of
security.

Filipe