[CentOS] can't access remote Windows 2008 desktop via Krdc / Remote Desktop

Rudi Ahlers

rudiahlers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:04:50 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Does anyone know why CentOS 5.+3 + latest KDE won't connect to a
Windows 2008 server via Remote Desktop, yet it will work on a Windows
2003 server?

I can easily connect to a Windows 2003 server, using rdp:/196.34.x.x
and login and use the Windows 2003 server.

But when I try the same with a Widows 2008 server, it just fails. I
see if connecting, and then it "dies" without even displaying me the
login screen.

Is there something else I need todo to make it work?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers