[CentOS] HELP SAMBA + LDAP

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu Jun 11 18:10:50 UTC 2009

Samir RHAOUSSI wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Please does some one have any "documentation", "tutorial", "how to"
> about setting up a PDC basing on Samba with a LDAP (OpenLDAP) backend ?
>
> I really need it for my studies end project
>
> thank you very very much for your help

the smb.conf file from samba on CentOS 5 is well documented .. and also
the samba.org website
Basically you need to setup your ldap correctly, import the samba
schema, initialize the domain (you can use smbldap-tools for that, very
easy), configure samba to use the ldap backend and 'voilà' ..

Fabian Arrotin
  idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain`
  test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init 6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh