[CentOS] Simple AD authentication for Samba share

The Small Box Admin

smallboxadmin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:55:22 UTC 2009

I have a CentOS box that I'm basically using for file sharing with
Samba.  Currently I'm mapping the drive from an XP box with a Samba
username/password combination.  Is there a simple way to use AD or
Windows authentication to allow the users to map the drive without
having to use a separate username/password?  That is without having to
install LDAP and kerberos or whatever is needed to join the CentOS box
to the AD.

Thanks,
Ken

--