[CentOS] CentOS 5.3 cbea

Dmitry Zaletnev dzaletnev at yandex.ru
Fri Jun 12 09:25:05 UTC 2009

> Dmitry Zaletnev wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I have a question to ask: where can I download CentOS 5.3 for
> > Cell Broadband Engine Architecture, and if this is impossible -
> > ppc64 version. I want to install it onto my Sony PS3.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Dmitry Zaletnev
> Hi
>
> Just one question: do you just want to run linux in a PS3 or do you want
> to do development with IBM SDK?
>
> If you just want to run Linux, then, there are several options. But if
> you want development than, F9 is your best option, or, of course, buy
> RHEL for ppc.
I want to get from my PS3 180 GFLOPS (x32), I followed Sony recomendation
to upgrade BIOS to rev. 2.70, after which F9,F10,openSuse11 don't install.
The only systems that I was able to install was YDL 6.1 112008 (full of bugs)
and F11. Is there CentOS 5.3 cbea?
I tried to install FreeBSD ppc and AIX5.3L without success.

Dmitry