[CentOS] CentOS 5.3 cbea

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jun 12 16:43:21 UTC 2009

on 6-12-2009 2:14 AM Dmitry Zaletnev spake the following:
>> What about
>>
>> http://us.fixstars.com/products/ydl/
> There's two versions of YDL 6.1 iso: 112008 and 022009 ("NEW"),
> the first is fulfilled with bugs (rpc bind doesn't work, PS3
> forget IP after power down...) and the second with bug fixes
> is suitable only for newer PS3s. I bought my in Feb 2009 new
> from shop and now with YDL from Feb 2009 it's "old".
> There's RHEL 5.3 cbea, so I supposed there may be CentOS 5.3 cbea...
>> ?

CentOS can't build for every architecture because of lack of
[time|money|hardware|volunteers].
If you want it bad enough, you could volunteer to build it and maintain it. I
have to warn you, it will be a LOT of work as you will have to hack together
the build environment yourself unless there is enough other people with
interest to help you.

I don't have a PS3, and if I did, I doubt I could pry my kids off of it long
enough to even attempt this.