[CentOS] NAS Storage server question

Giuseppe Fuggiano giuseppe.fuggiano at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:59:56 UTC 2009

2009/6/11 Coert Waagmeester <lgroups at waagmeester.co.za>:
> Hello all,

Hi,

> At our office a have a server running 3 Xen domains. Mail server, etc.
>
> I want to make this setup more redundant.
>
> There are a few howtos on the combination of Xen, DRBD, and heartbeat.
> That is probably the best way.

I am using a combination of DRBD+GFS.  Since v8.2, DRBD [1] can be
configured in dual-primary mode [2].  You can mount your local
partitions in r/w mode using a Distributed Lock Manager and GFS.  It
works pretty well in my case, both my partitions are correctly
replicated at device block level.  Please, note that with this
solution you have to configure a fence device to preserve the file
system integrity.  The DRBD documentation contains everything you need
to realize this solution.

[1] http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/
[2] http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-dual-primary-mode.html

Cheers