[CentOS] OT: Windows Vista Tablet PC linux alternative

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 01:05:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Tosh<toshlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorin Srbu wrote:
>> That sounds about right. You get a textbox to write in and it will dump the
>> input to whatever editor you set?
> Yes, it can dump the text to anything where you can use a normal keyboard.
>
>>> xournal, is a good replacement for onenote, but doesn't have the
>>> conversion handwriting to text
>>
>> Don't know about Onenote. Is that part of the text input in Vista Tablet or
>> something?
> It is a part of office, m$ distributes it freely to students at our
> university, so all my friends use it, I convert their notes to pdf and
> enjoy with xournal
>
> --
> Toshaan <toshlinux at gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be

Just FYI,

While setting up CloneZilla on CentOS, i noticed that the Colorado
School of mines uses Ubuntu on TabletPCs extensively and even modified
a wacom driver for a 2007 version of Ubuntu.  They also have a guide
on imaging using drbl / CloneZilla.
http://ticc.mines.edu/csm/wiki/index.php/Imaging_Guide

Modified Wacom Driver:
http://ticc.mines.edu/csm/wiki/index.php/Custom_Tablet_Software