[CentOS] Source RPM issues. Mismatched Libs?

Justin Bull

justin.bull at sohipitmhz.com
Sat Jun 13 07:10:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am having some issues with the installation of the Icecast2 software
on my CentOS 5.3 x64 machine. I am attempting to install from a source
RPM provided by the developer.

Upon executing:

# rpmbuild --rebuild icecast-2.3.2-0.src.rpm

Normal compilation takes place until the following error is thrown out:

/usr/lib64/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache'

I've done some research and found others have a similar issue. It
appears this is only isolated with CentOS 5.x x64 builds and,
according to the Icecast2 developer, is due to a mismatch between
libxml2 and libxslt.

My machine is a brand new install and is updated from the official
mirrors. libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel are installed and are at
their latest version (2.6.26-2.1.2.7.x86_64 and
1.1.17-2.el5_2.2.x86_64 respectively at the time of this writing).

For anyone who is interested in reading up on this, here are the
Icecast2 threads related to this issue:
http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=4851
http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6506
http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6210

I do apologize if I've made any formating mistakes and/or incorrect
posting etiquette to the mailing list, as it is my first time using
one.

--
Best Regards,

Justin Bull