[CentOS] re-install over internet

Bob Puff

bob at nleaudio.com
Sat Jun 13 14:56:46 UTC 2009

Hello,

I just got back from a datacenter where I installed a new server running
CentOS 5.3.  I set up a software raid with md0 being /.  (Only one mount,
didn't split anything up.)

I just discovered that instead of raid 1, it did raid 0... Not exactly what I
wanted!  Probably missed that little check when installing.  So now, I need to
change this.  But since the whole OS is on this raided partition that I want
to change, I'm a bit stuck.

Is there a way to launch an installer while in the OS that I can re-install
the whole thing over the internet, without having to physically go to the box?
 Speed of installation is not that much of an issue.  It would obviously need
to keep up some sort of shell with my current eth0 settings during the install.

Thanks for any ideas!

Bob