[CentOS] re-install over internet

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:02:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Joseph L.
Casale<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Although I have never done it, you can boot anaconda from grub and I wonder
>>if you couldn't put a ks= as parameter in the grub conf? Setting up software
>>raid in ks is easy. You can also install via url with ks.
>
> I just did this and it works. A complete grub stanza booted and installed via url
> with a ks file completely non interactively without a dhcp/tftp server or cd.
>
> "Works For Me" (tm)

Karan has documented this for centos4, though it's easy enough to do
the same/similar thing for centos5. Have a read over
http://www.karan.org/blog/index.php/2005/06/15/upgrading_to_centos4_over_a_remote_vnc_c
and that should show you what you want.

George Orwell