[CentOS] nvidia dual monitor setup centos howto

Dave dave at mailinator.com
Tue Jun 16 01:08:43 UTC 2009

p.s. I logged out after installing the nvidia drivers, and used
applications>System tools>nvidia X server settings to get dual monitor
working. The panel autodetectedd my monitors fine. I clicke 'x server
display configuration' and then 'configure'. choices are 'disabled',
'separate x screen', and 'twinview'. I at first thought I wanted
'separate x screen', but that's wrong, I'm still not sure what it was
doing. Anyhow, I could not move anything between monitors in that
mode.
So I tried twinview, and now the two monitors are acting like one big
monitor and I can move stuff back and forth. I would never have chosen
the name 'twinview' for that, since they are not twins at all.
Dave