[CentOS] Centos 5.3 update do RHEL 5.3

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 03:27:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Albert<forall at stalowka.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I now installed centos 5.3 and for 6 month I buying support from RHEL
>    I can change 5.3 to rhel 5.3? It's possible?
>
> For at ll

Yes. If you get the release rpm files correct and fix your
repositories, it will be OK.  The Centos versions may be newer at
first, but the redhat versions eventually become newer and replace
them.  I have done this, it is not a big problem.  Most of the
packages installed will be the same, one a few differences will
emerge.

Instead of listening to people tell you they don't think it can be
done, you should just try to make it work and see!  If you have
trouble, you can always reformat the / partition and re-install.  As
long as you use a simple partitioning system that keeps /home on a
separate partition, it is easy to wipe & reinstall without killing
your /home stuff.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson