[CentOS] authentication loosely tied to active directory?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:43:49 UTC 2009

JohnS wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 22:30 -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:

> If this is java web services your having the problem with you can also
> use kerberos with SOAP/XML/RPC. But the catch is only 128Bit Encryption.

Don't forget that I want it to honor system accounts too - or at least
some that aren't in AD.

> Another option maybe LDAP under Apache.

What I'm looking for is a network service that will work across apache
and java web services (without requiring a login account) that
transparently merges AD accounts with others that I can control
separately, and also to be able to use those same logins and passwords
for linux system logins where accounts are specifically created. That
is, all AD & linux accounts should work for web services and Linux
account logins should be able to use AD passwords where they exist.

I'd think this would be a fairly common situation where the bulk of
company operations are on desktops controlled by AD but there are some
developers using Linux and some infrastructure resources using it
(subversion, wikis and other web services, etc.) and some users that
don't map to employees.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com