[CentOS] Slow CentOS VM when running off the network

Geoff Galitz geoff at galitz.org
Tue Jun 16 18:38:25 UTC 2009

Are you running VMWare Workstation or Server?  I am running VMWare
Workstation under MS Vista with a bunch of Centos guest VMs.  I noticed that
when my Vista host network connection changes state (becomes unavailable or
becomes available for any reason) that the VMWare software switch has real
trouble.  I often lose my ability to DHCP, for example.  Or perhaps DNS is
impacted. It is my feeling that their networking code is just not very
robust.

Would using shared folders be a viable alternative?

-geoff

Geoff Galitz
Blankenheim NRW, Germany
http://www.galitz.org/