[CentOS] Rsync, SSH and authorized_keys problem

Spiro Harvey spiro at knossos.net.nz
Tue Jun 16 21:12:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:59:27 +0100
Stewart Williams <lists at pinkyboots.co.uk> wrote:
> command="rsync -avz -e "ssh -i ~/.ssh/backup-key" /backup
> stewart at name.of.remote.server:/backup" ssh-dss ... key ...

well, I've never seen anything other than keys in an authorized_keys
file.. (btw - use authorized_keys2 for ssh v2), but I'd hazard a guess
and say that the speech marks are what could be causing it grief.

try single quotes (') around the command= bit with the double quotes
around the ssh command and see if that makes a difference.

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz