[CentOS] One of my servers crashed, need help

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 02:15:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 14:20, Gilbert
Sebenste<sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu> wrote:
> No need to...Seagate screws me again. 3rd bad hard drive on this server.
> Unbelievable. Under warranty, but...grrrr.

I heard something about the 1.5TB Seagate drives having bugs that
would cause data corruption, and that it could be fixed by doing a
firmware upgrade, which can be accomplished with a tool downloaded
from their website... It's second hand information, but maybe check
their website and google for your exact model to see if there is
something wrong with it...

HTH,
Filipe