[CentOS] Need to rebuild installation CD

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Fri Jun 19 15:00:53 UTC 2009

[CW] Does anyone here know where on the install disc the initrd-2.6.18-92.1.22.el5.img is located?
Is it in an rpm? which one?

I got the cdrom driver loaded at install time with my new disc :) , so it install perfectly now, but the module is not available after install. I can't find the initrd img file and need some direction.

I plan to dl the source rpm and patch it properly so not to worry.

FYI - I know this is not the fun way of doing things, and I read many responses to other posts where the outcome is "But why do it that way?" there are two reasons why I am doing it the hard way. the first is for me, I want to learn how. The second is that we often have to add drivers to Linux systems to get them to install. So it is a necessary requirement for me to know how to do this.

Your input on my above question would be greatly appreciated... TIA

Pinnacle Technology Holdings E-Mail Disclaimer:

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Pinnacle Technology Holdings any of it's divisions or affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of it is strictly prohibited.