[CentOS] Time to sync (NOT a complaint)

MHR

mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 17:19:52 UTC 2009

Is anyone else seeing this situation?

I subscribe to the announce digest, and for the last four or five
announcements that contained updates to CentOS 5, I've been unable to
get a successful run of yum update for as much as 24 hours after the
announcement.  The last time around, I tried at about 5 hours after
the posting, and yum couldn't see anything.  I ran yum clean all, and
yum update still couldn't see anything.  In general, if I wait a day,
the updates load just fine, but that just feels wrong.

I do have the fastestmirror plugin installed (and priorities).

Thanks.

mhr