[CentOS] card reader not responding

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 00:04:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Michael Klinosky <mpk2 at enter.net> wrote:

> Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > You might want to try the kernel drivers Alan Bartlett built about
> > half an hour ago and released from the ELRepo site ( http://elrepo.org
> > ).  The details are in this CentOS forum thread:
> >
> > http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=14578&forum=39
>
> Well, judging from that thread, I'm not sure it'll help. It seems that
> it's SDHC (mine is basic SD - would it work?) and 64 bit (I'm still 32 bit).
>
> But, I'll check out the offerings.

You can check to see if the driver works for your hardware.  Run the
lspci command (hint: -n option) and find the device ID.  Compare it
against the following info provided by Alan:

sdhci.ko

pci:v*d*sv*sd*bc08sc05i*
pci:v0000104Cd00008034sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
pci:v00001180d00000822sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
pci:v00001180d00000822sv00001014sd*bc*sc*i*

wbsd.ko

pnp:dWEC0518*
pnp:dWEC0517*

This will eventually be added to the DeviceID list at
http://elrepo.org/tiki/DeviceIDs .  An example of lspci is found at
http://elrepo.org/tiki/FAQ .

Akemi