[CentOS] VMWARE tools on Centos 5.2

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 13:40:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Dag Wieers<dag at centos.org> wrote:

> VMwareTools is a kludge. It is sad to see how bad a piece of software can be
> written by a big company like EMC. Here is a list:

open-vm-tools may be a solution.  The kmod package included is kABI-tracking.

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/open-vm-tools/

Johnny Hughes has been providing it since early 2008.  I don't
remember if he announced it at some point.

The last version there is dated Oct 2008.  I tried to build the
current version but encountered a (minor?) issue with one kernel
module that was added recently.  I then started working on the issue
with Alan Bartlett.  However, I halted the plan thinking this did not
have a high demand and, therefore, cannot be given a high priority.

Akemi