[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jun 21 14:31:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009, Neil Aggarwal wrote:

> >  i'm not the right person for that
>
> This is strange.  You asked for something to be changed. The people
> in charge asked you for a suggestion and now you are putting it back
> on them.  If I were in charge of this, I would say that you are not
> very serious and ignore your request.

  wow, neil ... misunderstand much?  i didn't "ask for something to be
changed" so much as i *suggested* a change that might have benefit for
the centos community, and for me in particular that would help me
immensely in being able to promote centos to my clients.

  i *cannot* suggest what content should go on that commercial support
page since i have *no idea* what avenues the centos developers are
currently exploring.

  seriously, neil, what part of that confuses you?  or should i try
again with shorter and simpler words?

rday

p.s.  this was my first interaction with the general centos community
and, if this is the level of wilful obduracy i can expect to run into,
it's probably going to be the last.

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday