[CentOS] Program to ban sniffers

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 18:14:37 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Joseph L.
Casale<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Very carefully...
>
> Lol, you missed the point. It's impossible. I was bluntly suggesting the
> reply was not applicable nor on topic to the op's post. Port scanning
> and packet sniffing have nothing to do with each other...

Ahh, it all makes sense now that I re-read your earlier reply to the
OP with the benefit of this posting.  I thought you were asking for
yourself, not putting the question to the OP to cause reflection on
that technical problem.  When I saw sniff, I chalked it up to wrong
use of terminology figuring he meant port scan.  But you are correct
in not assuming that fact as I did.

Thanks for the clarification, and glad I was able to inject a bit of
humour into the thread in the process.

Jacques B