[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Sun Jun 21 21:06:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>wrote:

> <snip>

 I wouould say that you are not
> very serious and ignore your request.

  wow, neil ... misunderstand much?  i didn't "ask for something to be
> changed" so much as i *suggested* a change that might have benefit for
> the centos community, and for me in particular that would help me
> immensely in being able to promote centos to my clients.
>
>  i *cannot* suggest what content should go on that commercial support
> page since i have *no idea* what avenues the centos developers are
> currently exploring.
>
>  seriously, neil, what part of that confuses you?  or should i try
> again with shorter and simpler words?
>
> rday
>
> p.s.  this was my first interaction with the general centos community
> and, if this is the level of wilful obduracy i can expect to run into,
> it's probably going to be the last.

WOW and GOODBYE..... If you had subscribed to this mailing list, and read
it, you would have found that the people participating (including the
developers) include some of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on the
planet. There is also a Forum on the web. None of the developers make *any*
money from the centos project.

More than one RHEL user has come to CentOS because the support here is
excellent.

I believe that link did work (recently?) and listed several people who were
offering consulting services. There are probably some people on the list who
could help your clients, if they have time available.

Those on the list highly recommend our upstream vendor (RHEL) if that would
be better suited to your clients.   GL