[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Spiro Harvey spiro at knossos.net.nz
Sun Jun 21 23:48:52 UTC 2009

>   from a promotional standpoint, i would avoid getting into that
> centos is a volunteer effort, and i would *seriously* avoid using the
> word "difficulty."  all i was suggesting earlier is that there are a

What? You'd prefer we lie to people?

If we don't tell people that it's a community run volunteer effort,
expectations change. The C in CentOS stands for Community.

> number of ways to admit that centos has no *official* support channel,
> and that it would be useful to, even in admitting that, word it in
> such a way to not scare away potential adopters.

Potential adopters are those who:

a) are happy to get free community support
b) those who can't or won't pay Redhat's fees

Redhat charge per license, but that comes with support. So if you
really want paid support, Redhat is what you should be looking for.

If you're in camp b, then you must also be a part of camp a.
Personally, I think you're barking up the wrong tree as you aren't
interested in free community support.

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz